KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
Here comes the fun part! The best way to find the perfect property is to have a list of your needs and wants. It will make the process of looking for homes much more enjoyable for both of us!
Your NEEDS are items that a home must have–or you will not buy it—such as enough space for your lifestyle, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, garage size, lot size, or close enough to commute easily to work.
Your WANTS are items that would be nice to have but you could live without or could change over time. This includes items such as paint and carpet, refinishing hardwood floors, landscaping or updating bathrooms.
THE INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH YOUR REALTOR®
- Review State of Idaho Agency Disclosure Brochure
- Contract Form Review
- Review your needs and wants
- Overview of market (buyer vs. seller market)
- Review active homes in the MLS
- Select those that meet your needs.
One of the most exciting aspects of buying a home is looking at different properties in your price range. Seeing houses in all sizes, conditions and styles is the best real estate education of all.
How many homes should you plan to view before you make a decision? That’s up to you, but it will depend on the neighborhood, the market, and your specific requirements. Most people view one to twelve homes, but some view more.
The key to finding the right home that fits your life-style, is to focus your efforts on properties that meet your criteria. For example, if you truly need to live in a single-story home, don’t get distracted by an attractive two-story home no matter how great of a deal it may be.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHILE VIEWING PROPERTIES
- I will schedule showings in advance and prepare a schedule.
- Sellers sometimes leave their home just for the showing, so the I will try my best to stay on schedule.
- Wear shoes that slip off easily.
- Take notes, ask questions, and make comments that will help your Realtor® understand what you like and don’t like.